Monday, August 2, 2010

It's August already?! And we kick off the 3rd trimester

Where has 6 months gone?! I'm in denial that it's already August and I'm 2 weeks away from my 27th birthday. My belly is definitely here. Getting dressed isn't as fun as it used to be. Maybe I need to get organized better so it's a simpler task. New favorite tank tops come from H&M of all places. $5.95 each with a wide strap! It's fashionable to have long tanks right now- and luckily that means they can stretch over the whole tummy without any peek-a-boo action! A handful of black, white and grey will get me through a lot!

Friday found us at Conner Prairie enjoying a concert by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. I was pretty tired and didn't make for great conversation with Todd's co-director and their family. Beautiful weather and sweet music lulled me into a doze. Not snoring =  not bothering anyone, I say!

We worked on the nursery on Saturday, moving Todd's desk out to the garage. We got an awesome book case from a garage sale and likewise sold Todd's desk. God bless Craigslist! I really want to make progress in this endeavor over the next few weeks so there's no sweat come September! Our crib is on its way so there's some incentive to make a space :-) Below is our bedding, full of jungle animals!! No more bunnies, just happy cuddly faces to make friends with.

 And this is our crib. Simple, sturdy, convertible!
It's odd how much we can relate to the baby already but have no idea what we're really in for. We're looking into classes and having a fine time making a commitment to a schedule due to Todd's rehearsals. The best option may be to meet on the north side of Indy once a week to attend at a hospital up there that shortens his drive to the class. If all else fails, they've developed an eLearning program so you can learn from a book then have a live webcast Q&A.

I continue to enjoy and benefit from my yoga/pilates/thai chi classes. While I look funny participating, it lifts my spirit, realigns my joints and back and clears my head and my pores! When relaxation time comes at the end of class, I go quiet and the little one is back to flipper mode. I enjoy it but also look forward to having her squirming on the outside!

An emotional challenge this weekend, I'm feeling a little unsettled after our car was broken into on Saturday night. This is the second time in 6 months. We think we're just a nice neighborhood that's been targeted as easy in and easy out late at night. Luckily, we left a door unlocked so they didn't have to smash a window to gain access. Nothing serious was stolen because we've kept it pretty empty since the last break in. But they cleaned out all the change from our cup holder and rummaged through our center console and the glove compartment. A neighbor was also a victim and had their navigation system stolen, like we did the first time. It makes me sick to think about it but we're not in a position to move... just pressure our landlords to step up security at night.

We went to church after discovering the car and decided just to pray for the bad guys, report it to the complex and police and then let it go. It stayed in my mind most of the day, even through a yummy lunch at Uno's (mmm... Numero Uno deep dish pizza!) Gradually the cloud lifted and we cleaned all afternoon in time to have some neighbors over to play a game. After games, it was time to tune into a little of Discover Channel's Shark Week!!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend! One more week and Todd's back to full time teacher duties already!


pregnancy tickers


 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment