Monday, January 17, 2011

"Brand Spanking New Mom" Resources

As I've been getting lots of helpful advice and email news updates, I've been squirreling away some of the best help and tips!
I hope they are useful. As I get more, I'll update the blog with a new entry.

An overall awesome page of Newborn tips and tricks
     -includes:
     Bathing A Newborn
     Getting Started Breastfeeding
     Starting Sleep Habits Early
     Lullaby Lyrics You Thought You Forgot

How to Massage a Baby from BabyCenter.com

How to put sunscreen on a baby (the video!)
Babies burn fast! Help them prevent future skin cancer!
Cheat sheet:
SPF 30 and Broad Spectrum!
It takes about 5 mins to properly sunscreen a baby.
Avoid aerosol sunscreens but if you have to use it, spray it on your hands, then apply it.


Top 10 Biggest Surprises About Being A New Mom (And How To Deal) from The Bump.com
This includes:
- Breastfeeding isn’t always easy.
- Most newborn clothes will go to waste.
- Newborns poops are noisy.
- Going back to work is hard.
- "Getting to know" baby takes a while.
- You will bleed postpartum.
- You won’t have time for anything else.
- You won’t always know what your crying baby wants.
- Baby might mix up night and day.
- Colic is a nightmare.

Survival Guide for the First Six Weeks from FitPregnancy.com

How to Swaddle Your Baby from FitPregnancy.com

Lose The Baby Fat from FitPregnancy.com
      "When you’re breastfeeding, you need an extra 500 calories a day, or about 2,700 total. But since breastfeeding burns 600 to 800 calories a day, even if all you do is sit comfortably and feed your baby, you could still be losing weight."

Newborn Care from Head to Toe from FitPregnancy.com
      Some fair advice and a good checklist... but I'm not sure I'd forego using baby wipes in favor of rinsing a baby bottom and patting it dry!

Coping with Sleep Deprivation from BabyCenter.com
      Good stuff!

Infant first aid for choking and CPR: An illustrated guide from BabyCenter.com

1 comment:

  1. Great resources!!! Next time we chat I have to tell you about a "noisy poop" incident at my niece's baptism.... :-)

    ReplyDelete