Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sharing Secrets

Someone else back in 2004 kept a secret blog of meditations... I love it. She's candid and hopeful and confident. Reading meditations like hers, I really feel like I need to recenter myself. I want to journal like there's no tomorrow and keep up with stretching and moving. I stopped my pilates classes when the prepaid time ran out. I need to start using the gym more for the classes and being active (new resolution for tonight- go the gym since my meeting was cancelled.)

Our cruise to Mexico was great but it's hard to return to being so sedentary at my desk job with my 3 hour round trip daily commute. Took a long walk yesterday after work and before All Campus Band and felt awesome. I'm beating the curve- I'm in the 20% of women who don't feel nausea in the first trimester... so far!

As for letting secrets out, it was so nice to tell our parents over Easter weekend. Before we had lunch, we opened Easter eggs with corny jokes in them. The last half dozen were a poem...


(was read by Vicki)

(was read by Anita)

(was read by Rick)

(was read by Max)

(was read by Cait)

(was read by Todd)

It went over well. Tears and hugs followed :-) We toasted with sparkling wine (it wasn't Champagne because it wasn't from Champagne, France.) No one had an appetite... except me! Hooray for appetizers. And lunch. And fresh pie. We parted ways and then headed to see Uncle Rich and Aunt Julie for the Butler vs. Duke NCAA Chapionship game. Tons of fun and spilled the beans there too- had to! Mom would have had trouble keeping it to herself.

Nancy is on to me. I'm playing with her. YES, I drank sangria in Mexico. But not the kind you're thinking of. I discovered sangria flavored soda and LOVED it!



Food from the cruise was a treat but it was apparent clothes just aren't fitting right anymore. But it's not the "I'm getting lazy" gain that I've fluctuated with forever... it's serious.
Internet shopping got 4 of these today to help my clothes last longer before I cave to mumus (or at least maternity clothes)

Back to work for now... distractions continue to multiply.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the no-nausea thing. My sister in law has been pregnant twice since our wedding, and both kids gave her awful morning sickness that we heard about often. I'm glad you've dodged that bullet, even so far.

    This was such a cute idea, to share the news with your family in little Easter eggs. I'm still so shocked and happy for you.. it seems unreal still at times and I just can't wait for November!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore the bella band (I got mine at Target) the whole pregnancy and it was a lifesaver!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Bella Band from Target too and it was awesome. When it started to just get weird feeling with my regular jeans, I bought the Liz Lange maternity jeans from Target. They rocked. All the maternity clothes I got from Target were great - I'd definitely recommend.

    ReplyDelete