Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Safe Foods - a child's experiment
After watching this, I feel pretty justified in my choice to have organic local produce delivered to my door. It's not overkill if you want to eat organic, nor is it frivolous. It's not something that will make you a bad person if you don't eat organic. But knowing what we do, or rather not knowing as much as we could, about what goes onto our foods and into the soil and water supplies that nourish them, a premium is deserved for the protected growing methods implemented in organics.
As we approach feeding McBaby solids, I err on the cautious side in my selections. Why would I want to ruin our awesome track record of avoiding chemicals, hormones, and unnecessary content just because a food is cheap or abundant? My body may already be shot to hell for the things I've eaten and can't take back but we can at least give her a good start. I welcome commentary on this blog so a conversation can happen. But please, don't be mean to anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweet girl. And holy cow... that's.. a bit scary! Food for thought!
ReplyDeletehttp://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/carbaryl-dicrotophos/chlorpropham-ext.html
ReplyDelete