Friday, June 24, 2011

Princess in the making... planning a Disney trip for a 1 year old

It began tonight.
The quest for the best trip to Disney World with a one year old EVER without pushing us more into debt!
This introduced a new blog tag into the McBaby chronicles: budget Disney.
I have exactly 6 months from tonight to make it all work, including air travel with a carseat and not over packing.

As a Disney World afficianado myself, I have some advantages:
  • I know the parks like the back of my hand.
  • I know transportation options.
  • We're luck enough to be staying on the property so I know our accommodations.
  • Baby will only be 13 months old which means minimal food intake in the park and the inability to beg for shiny things. 
  • I know there's more to the experience than the parks. The pool, the walking paths, riding on transportation, window shopping, and hotel hopping can be entertainment too.
New factors that are wtf-ing up my initial brainstorms:
  • I have no clue where good diaper changing and nursing areas are in the parks.
  • I don't remember parade watching strategies.
  • I will have to accommodate nap times unless we want her crashed in the stroller in the park while we swap off on rides or hand off to Grandma.
  • Food options will have to come from the grocery store then be prepared because I doubt there's much in the way of baby food in the parks. Immersion blender in the checked luggage? Over a week of cut up hotdogs?
  • I have no experience with a baby at 13 months old- period. I'm relying on my mom friends and my own mom to provide solid fail-safe battle-tested advice that MIGHT work. Haha.
  • I cannot merge the idea of having fun myself while making the experience fun for the baby yet. Is it possible?
  • Everything I think about makes me feel like I'll need an itinerary. This must be quashed or at least dealt with.
So I'll include input on my journey as I progress but I think it's a vital contribution to the documentation of life with baby.

Good night and Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment