Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update on the Status Quo at 18 weeks

Daddy's Little Cuddle Bear

Rockin' the post bath tummy time

Hello there, beautiful self!

DRIVING
It's getting easier but not any less expensive. The miles home fly by and I know my purpose is to get to my baby without a speeding ticket!

DARLING BABY
She wore sun glasses for the first time last weekend. She had a nice walk with friends Angela and Baby E. More and more character emerges daily in her face and personality!

PUMPING
It's gotten easier at work and harder at home. At work I'm awake, relatively distraction free and relaxed. At home, I only pump right before bed between 10 - 11 p.m.and somewhere between 2 - 3:30 a.m. nightly. At that point I'm exhausted, can't think straight, and half way through the night I frequently sleep through my alarm because of said exhaustion. I have been inconsistent with my milk supply ranging from 3oz to 7.5oz total. As always, I need to stay better hydrated, I need to eat better, and I need to find time to exercise more (especially with the 8K I signed up for in June!)

I resolved after this weekend to work harder to:
Get out the door on time.
Get to daycare on time.
Get to work on time.
Eat breakfast at home.
Dress like I'm a twenty-something professional and not just a new mom.


Life's a jumble right now and will settle down a bit as summer arrives.
For now, enjoy a few more current photos!
03.19.11 - First Sunglasses!

This laid back baby left the toy on her face while she reached past it for others!

I can't wait for this expression to come with chatter!

1 comment:

  1. Guuuuuuuuuurl, I know this post is from months ago but this is where I am at...especially with pumping on the job (I stink at pumping at home now - I just want a break from that machine) - it's nice to hear I'm not the only one. I know you are working from home now (which is fab!!) so I'm sure that whole pumping/nursing thing just got 10 times easier. Wish I could just tote Violet in one of my many bags I drag to work each day. I must say...I am thankful the IU is on the nursing mother boat & has many options for me to pump on campus. :) That does make it a tiny bit easier...

    ReplyDelete