I fed Hailey and then filed her nails, got the black carrier on and loaded her up for a walk. Add a hat for her and a jacket for me and we headed out the door with a garbage bag in hand. It was sunny and 50 out, unseasonably warm! Hailey still feels as light as a feather to carry (at a hair or 2 under seven pounds) and I enjoyed her squirms as we walked down the side walk. Fresh air! And my gym shoes fit again. When Todd and I did our laps around the complex while I was in labor, my feet filled my shoes and my hips made me waddle. My gait has returned but not my speed quite yet. The sleep tank has been getting filled like the gas tank of a teenager's car. A gallon or two here and there based on spare cash, seeing the gas light go on more than the headlights.
We tossed the trash, picked up the mail, and got a package from our office.
We walked home and I popped my shoes off. She was easy to lift from the carrier, limp & asleep. Two back to back diaper changes later, we napped on my bed.
Exhausted sister souls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a wonderful time :-)
ReplyDelete