Boss lady pointed out that I shouldn't come to work if it's detrimental to my health. Ah... but there's the rub. She's not a fan of me working from home either so that puts me in a spot where my coworkers' courtesy in taking care of themselves dictates when I take my time off :-p My very valuable time off.
Well, at least I have my job and don't have to quit after 6 months preggo like my aunt and countless other people did "back in the day!"
I swear there are more "This is going to suck so you better be prepared to deal with it" people out there than there are "Congrats. Have fun. I'm excited for you!"
Really?! You think that I need to hear the aches and pains of your worst case scenarios to prepare to deal with my own. We're all different. I'm not worried or scared. I'll deal as it comes and I know what I need to know to make it through this process, thank you very much. So all of you "Your first one is the most painful!" and "You might have an emergency C-Section if you don't progress fast enough!" people out there: how about a little restraint! ... especially at a baby shower!

hahaha ohh wow :-) yea you were getting a lot of that! a lot of joy awaits you.. stay safe and healthy, and pray :-) xo <3
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of when Casey would tell people we were getting married. "Oh, get ready for the old ball and chain!" "You sucker"!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Laura. And I think you have an awesome attitude! Sure, there is pain with birth, but you have all the tools to deal with it. Plus, the pain is temporary, and it has a goal--to give you your beautiful girl! No one can predict your future, either. Everyone labors differently, for different lengths of time. And don't let anyone pressure or scare you into a c-section just for not progressing fast enough. Some labors take a little longer than normal, and that's okay. As long as you're doing the stuff you learned to help progress, and baby's fine, you're golden! C-sections carry a lot of risks with them, and women aren't often informed of these risks...blah blah blah, here I go rambling! My point: you're awesome. I love your attitude. Keep it :)