Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Now Hiring: Personal Stylist

When did I forget how to dress myself?!
Nothing seems to look right and I can't get creative anymore.
    Skirt and a top
    Skirt and a top
    Skirt and a top
    Capris and a top
    Skirt and a top

I don't own and don't want real shorts but with the heat of summer already visiting, I'm pretty sure skirts won't keep leg skin from sticking together as well as shorts would!

Belly is blossoming and bosoms are out of control. Seriously folks- it's obscene. Ace bandages are looking like a tempting budget option. :-)

So if anyone wants to suggest some basics- my hardest chore is dressing for work. Thank God It's Summer because I'm getting away with a lot of casual wear. Come fall, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy some real clothing. I love shopping but something about my current proportions doesn't let me realistically picture clothing on myself. In a bathing suit floating in a pool would do the trick- but that really isn't practical for my desk job. Ha!

Thanks for listening-
Cait, in the blue green polo and navy blue flowy skirt with black gel flip flops.
Oooh- and pearl earrings!

6 comments:

  1. I would recommend some of those long, flowy dresses that are so popular for summer. I bought 2 at (don't laugh) Kmart the other day. They are cute and were super cheap! Usually these dresses are empire-waisted, allowing pretty easy coverage of the belly, plus room to grow. Come fall, slap a cardigan over them and pair with flats instead of flip flops and you are set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would invest in some maternity camis. These will be wonderful in full-blown August when you're sweating out of every pore. But in the office, they can be your "maternity" top, while you layer whatever you want over it, as long as it opens in the front. I.e., wear the cami with a jacket, open sweater, button-up top unbuttoned, zip-up top unzipped...it allows you to wear some of the pre-preggo clothes you loved, and still be comfy.

    For the shorts, that's kind of tough. I will say that I loved gaucho pants, especially the lightweight, airy ones. elastic waistband = comfy.

    That's my two cents. I'm really good at giving my opinion, so I hope you're not tired of hearing it. :) And I kind of feel like I'm stalking your blog, since I'm the only one commenting, and I happened to check it out hours after your most recent post...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! somehow I didn't see Suzanne's comment! good advice, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz- Great tips! I bought a black one that goes with everything (jean jacket, cardi, baubles, nothing...) but I hadn't made it past Old Navy!
    I will check out the Marts. I need a few more even if my boss called it a mumu the first time I wore it to work...

    Angela- never tired of you opinion, or anyone elses. I made this blog TO be stalked :-) And as my go to for help!

    Thank you fashion mavens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LIVED in gauchos during the warmer months, still do! looks cute with longer tank tops...when the seasons changed and i had no clothes that fit, i looked in the target maternity section, or the clearance section might have some long sleeve wintery stuff...it doesnt hurt to look. also try some nicer kids resale shops...some can be sketchy, but theres one right near us that i LOVE, and has great kids stuff, next time you and todd are in the area :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also highly recommend the gauchos! They are nice enough to dress up, and easy enough to dress down without much work! I got some on sale in the swimwear department at Younkers (aka Carson's, Bon Ton stores)

    For the fall, they also make a full length version rather than kapri style. Again, looks fancy but feels comfy! ;)

    ReplyDelete