I have been avoiding going to the same bathroom too often, lest I raise too much awareness of my "situation" yet. Even the men in this office pass gossip like old biddies, and while my 5 person department knows why I'm getting fatter, I want to leave it that way until I really look like there's something going on in my belly.
The three stalls in the office bathrooms are always, ahem, a crap shoot for privacy. No where to hide if you need to take care of something and, like Cheers, everybody in the building knows your name. The typical etiquette of leaving the middle stall empty as a barrier is followed often and people hurry in and out from their stall to the sink to the door quickly so as not to be identified if an odor, noise, or Smoke Monster.
Lately, modesty and awareness of others have gone out the window. It is no longer an option to hold it if you have to go and someone else is around. If noises or incriminating odors occur (i hate always being gassy right now) I will shamelessly let them wonder in shock.What else can I do?! I thank God quite often these days (in my head) for making indoor plumbing and for the ability to get to that indoor plumbing as quickly as I do.
Eventually I'll have to figure out how to deal with baby when I have to bring it to the bathroom with me AFTER it's born. Maybe I'll get one of these snazzy numbers!
Not!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL. Babies are fine in their cribs, swings, bouncy seats, etc. while you're in the bathroom.
ReplyDeleteHowever, for generally baby wearing purposes, I do highly recommend these: http://www.mobywrap.com/c-1-moby-wrap.aspx.
I was thinking public bathroom. Totally not worried about for at home...
ReplyDeleteDefinitely added the Moby to my list of recommended baby things. I'll post about my findings later but I'm keeping the spreadsheet public!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ajvys1vwoxOOdGhVUnhBc3F6T0dQaW5PQ0VqUy1ULWc&hl=en
I always wonder what I'm going to do with Emily while I'm alone with her in a public bathroom, but luckily, I haven't been in that situation yet. I'm either with Steve or I just haven't had to go to the bathroom out (I'm always surprised how little I have to pee now that I'm not pregnant!). At least early on though, you could just keep the kid in the stroller or car seat.
ReplyDeleteI made my own Moby (bought fabric at Walmart, so it cost like $12 and I made two), but I've only put Emily in it once - she really liked it though. And I'm borrowing this nursing cover from my sister in law - http://shop.bebeaulait.com/Shop_3/originals/chocolat_2. I saw that you had one of those on your recommended baby things. I would definitely recommend it (although it is the only nursing cover I've tried, so I have no comparisons).