Last Tuesday, we visited the Children's Museum and had a blast! She got to see the Barbie exhibit with our friends. We watched the water clock empty. Then we said hello to the dinosaurs!
Then she spent a lot of one on one time with Grandma Mac then Daddy while I went to three back to back nights/days of professional activities. After battling a cold, I was left with little to no voice, exacerbated by constant talking, at one point using a microphone, and keeping long hours.
But every night I came home and wanted to see my little one. Todd was a huge support as I balanced those crazy days and the weekend was way too short.
Oh, wee one. Your emotions are so cute, even when you are not happy. We are always able to pull out of a spiraling nose dive of a fit by starting to sing "If You're Happy And You Know It." She's all over clapping with us to the song! If she has rhythm, we know where she got it.
Lately she has been sleeping like a log at home and not sleeping at daycare. Some of my favorite moments are when she's sleeping and the positions she's in. Here, she's all wrapped up. But most of the time, she loves to sleep on her face with her tushie in the air. And her babydoll Buttercup gets a smile and a tight squeeze when handed to her at bed time. Her favorite!
She is standing with assistance and slightly walking sideways while holding onto things. But no drive to walk quite yet. She's quite adept at crawling.
It's hard to think that in 8 short weeks, she'll be one year old. I've totally got to get on this party planning! For now, I'll cherish the late night nursings as they happen, the nose grabs because they're funny, the naked tushie chase as we change diapers, the "feeling" food instead of eating it, and the sheer glee on her face when we see her after a nap or after being away for a little bit. What a treasure.Cait
No comments:
Post a Comment